Updating drivers feel like a headache, and users are always unsure how to update drivers? User concerns are because thousands of malware sites misguide users to download viruses and spam files, which harms computers.
You need to update drivers when newly installed hardware doesn’t work accurately on your PC. It also happens when you update windows’ new version.
To ensure this never happens to you, I will share some easy methods, follow the guide, and update the drivers with some valuable tips to deal with the issue you might face during the update.
Windows 10 drivers update
There are many ways to update drivers on Windows PC like “Windows update,” “Manual” update, or update via device manager. But, updating through the feature Windows Update is the reliable one.
You can update manually, too, if your device doesn’t support graphics cards or an audio interface.
Windows Update feature
If you want to opt for the simplest way to update drivers go for the Windows update feature. It keeps checking on system drivers and operating system updates. This will automatically download and install the new update as soon as the update is available.
To update drivers through Windows update, follow the given steps.
- Explore the Start menu; there, you will find settings. Click on the Settings icon and select the option of Update and Security.
- Look at the left side of the window. There you will find Windows update. Click on it and select ‘Check for updates.
Device manager for updating purpose
Updating drivers for the hardware such as printers, network adapters, keyboards, and a mouse can be done following the steps listed below. This hardware can be uninstalled, and its usage can also be disabled if needed.
- Explore ‘control panel,’ there you will find ‘device manager. Select it.
- Mention the location category where your device is. Press the right-click option on the mouse and select Update Driver.
- A window will appear on the screen. There you should select ‘Search automatically for updated driver software.’
How to update drivers manually
The latest versions of some drivers can not be updated automatically or are sometimes unable to install through Windows update. So, update manually; it will help you out by resolving the issue of updating drivers.
- Go to Navigate Apps & features.
- There, you should uninstall the current driver by clicking ‘Uninstall.’
- The next step is to explore the device manufacturers’ websites.
- There, you can install and download the new and latest version of the driver software installer.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot the device.
Also read: how to get rid of blackheads on nose