Soft-boiled apples are soft pudding that can be served slightly warmed with a scoop of cream or ice cream or as part of a healthy breakfast with yogurt and granola. For more robust results, stew apples. It is best to use seasonal apples in seasonal dishes, or you can try both.
- Four green apples in the form of peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of sugar
Method of making stew apples:
- Cut the apple into wedges, put it in a medium saucepan, and add sugar and water. Keep a lid on the pot and heat it over medium heat. When it boils, set the timer to 5 minutes and cook.
- After stirring for about 4 minutes, the apple pieces begin to dissolve and become breathable. Cook for another 12 minutes or until the apple is soft, but some pieces are still visible. Try this mixture and add more sugar if needed.
- Chill, then transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Best Apples to use for stewed apples
It is best to choose apples known for maintaining their shape and texture, such as Granny Smith apples; however, they have a more intense and spicy flavor.
Therefore, if you want something more subtle, choose Brimley, as it produces a softer, sweeter apple compote. When you want to use steamed apples as an apple pie filling or as a base for apple crumbles, you can use cooked apples.
Method to serve stewed apples
Candied apples are, of course, an essential part of many sweet treats, but the slightly sour caramel quality is also a perfect match for pork dishes, from Sunday roasts to sausages to mashed potatoes.
Date & apple cubes stew apples
Use braised apples to add to the chewy texture and earthy oat-like sweetness of this baking sheet. This is an excellent seasonal snack for a cup of tea, especially when the weather is cold. Apple, Pear, and Cherry Compote Mix cooked apples, pears, and cherries into a light and delicious pudding. Serve the compote with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream, which contrasts with the warm fruit.
Applesauce Sausage Keep the sugar in the original recipe and add the cooked apples to the mashed potatoes. It goes well with lightly seasoned Cumberland sausage and simple onion sauce. Comfort food has not gotten better. Cream porridge is the best breakfast on a cloudy winter morning. Blueberries add a touch of fruity flavor to the rich ruby color, adding a festive flavor.
Special Recipe tips stew apples
- Use mixed apples for cooking and eating to get a different texture and a rounder taste. Boil the apples for 5 minutes, then add the apples and cook for another 5 minutes until a thick consistency forms.
- Cut the apple into fairly even pieces. They don’t have to be precise, but cutting the apples into evenly sized pieces means they will cook evenly.
- Add water if necessary. If you find that the pan dries too quickly before the apples soften, add more water.
- Double or triple formula. Bruised apples are well preserved in the refrigerator and freezer, so prepare plenty of light breakfasts or desserts.
Also read: How to make yourself sick.