Many of us buy tomatoes in bulk when they are cheap, fresh, and in bright red color. But never know the way to save them or to preserve them for long-term usage. Here, in this article, we will discuss the tomatoes we can buy for long-term use and how to utilize them. In the following article, we get to know about How to make tomato sauce? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
The best way to store tomatoes is by making the tomato sauce and freezing it in a zip lock bag. If you have no idea how to make tomato sauce, then follow this article till the end to know about the tomato sauce recipe.
Choose the best tomatoes for sauce.
To start with the sauce recipe, let’s first select the best tomatoes for the sauce. In our view, the tomato with more flesh, fewer seeds will be the best for the sauce, and of course, the rates of the tomatoes also matter a lot. The cheapest of all can be the best choice which will be less cost-effective in your pocket if you buy tomatoes in bulk.
Making tomato sauce with fresh tomatoes
Ever tasted a tomato sauce before? If you don’t, no need to worry at all. Try the recipe given below once with a smaller amount of tomato, and you will not regret spending your time on the preparation of tomato sauce.
Making tomato sauce requires a lot of effort. To make them in quantity, you need a helping hand with a complete afternoon, or you might work in the evening too ( completely your choice).
Now, grab your tomatoes and get ready to work.
Steps to follow – Let’s make tomato sauce
- Start with assembling tomatoes. Then clean the rotten ones or those having any bruises (Some of us choose such types of tomatoes which start to go bad soon). Keep boiling water in a pot. Mark an X on the bottom top of the tomatoes. Make sure the mark isn’t too deep.
- Now, put those tomatoes in the pot of boiling water. Boil those tomatoes for 1 to 2 minutes only to let the skin off quickly. (Don’t cook more than this time, or else it would be difficult to handle tomatoes).
- As the time is over, move those tomatoes onto an ice bath (a pot full of water and ice) to stop the cooking process. Let them rest there for a few minutes.
- Transfer on a cutting board to peel off the skin of tomatoes. Cut those tomatoes in ½ inch size.
- Place those tomatoes in a pot with onions, garlic, butter, olive oil, sugar, and salt.
- Let them boil for a minute. Then slow down the flame and let them simmer for at least 1 ½ hour or till the water dries completely.
- Take onions out of the wok and mash the rest of the sauce properly to avoid any chunks.
- You could keep them chunky too if you liked it this way.
- Top it with basil leaves
Serve it or store it.
It’s ready to eat. Tadaa!!
How to preserve tomato sauce?
This tomato sauce can be saved in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days only. For long-time preservation, keep it in freezing containers, the glass jars ( properly sterilized), or in the ice cubes tray ( once frozen, can be shifted to zip lock bags easily). This frozen tomato sauce will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Also read: how to find the area of a trapezoid