Like other daily utensils, your bong needs cleaning too. clean a bong You would not think of drinking from a dirty glass or eating on a filthy plate. Right?
Likewise, you will surely don’t want to use a dirty and grimy bong. Yes, it’s essential to keep your bong clean, and it needs regular maintenance. However, many people don’t know how to clean a bong.
If that’s the case, don’t worry! I have it all covered for you. You can easily clean your bong using the below-written methods.
Six things you need to clean a bong:
- Cotton Swabs
- Pipe Cleaner
- Resealable Plastic bags
- Bottle Cleaning Brush
- 6. Plugs ( of the size to block the holes)
Four simple ways to clean a bong at home:
1. Clean bong with Alcohol and Salt mixture:
It is old but still the best way to clean a bong. Most people always have alcohol and salt in their homes.
- Remove mouthpiece and pipe.
- Pour 91% alcohol along with some salt into the bong.
- Close the holes with your fingers.
- Shake it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Wash it with some soap and water
Cleaning of small pieces:
- Put small pieces into a resealable bag.
- Add one tablespoon of coarse salt into it.
- Fill the bag with enough alcohol to cover the pieces well.
- Seal the bag and shake it.
- Keep pieces soaked into the mixture for several minutes.
- Wash off with clean water.
- Use cotton swabs or pipe cleaners to clean the tricky parts.
2. Clean a bong with Baking soda and Vinegar:
If you don’t have alcohol, then go for this method. Otherwise, it is not suggested. Although it does the job, it takes a lot of cleaning. Moreover, it turns into a mess sometimes.
- Shake the bong after filling it with warm water.
- Drain the water.
- Add some baking soda to the mouthpiece.
- Keep it overnight or for several hours.
- Add some more tablespoons of baking soda along with a half or full cup of vinegar.
- Plug the holes and shake the bong.
- Rub the inside of the bong until no dirt is left.
- Wash the piece with water to remove vinegar and soda.
Note: You can also use lemon as a substitute for vinegar. In case of vinegar is not available.
3. Clean a bong with boiling water:
Although, it’s another effective way to know how to clean a bong. However, You need to be very cautious because doing it the wrong way can break your glass.
Put your bong into a stockpot.
Immerse it in cold water.
Start heating it at a low temperature. You don’t want to break the glass.
Keep oiling for half an hour until the water heats up to a simmering boil.
Remove the bong and put it, and allow it to cool off at a safe place.
Avoid rinsing it with cold water until it cools off.
Rinse it with tap water when you can easily touch the glass.
Clean a bong with Dishwasher Pods:
Well, many people are unaware of this method, but it works pretty flawlessly.
- Put the dishwasher pod at the top of your bong through the mouthpiece.
- Add some hot water to let the pod dissolve.
- Note: Never pour the hot water directly into the cold glass. Warm it slowly from medium to hot water. Otherwise, it can shatter the glass.
- Plug the mouthpiece hole.
- Shake well.
- Please keep it for a while, and then rinse it well.
How would you know your bong needs cleaning?
Some signs can help as an indicator to help you to know that your bong needs to be cleaned immediately.
- The water in the bong is stinking and unclear.
- Resins are building on the glass.
- The waterline is showing rings around it.
- The percolator has stains.
Benefits of cleaning your bong:
There are a lot of benefits that come with cleaning your bong. Moreover, it increases the life of your bong.
- Water filters better when the bong is clean.
- Smoke will be smoother in a cleaned bong.
- You won’t need to clean the carpets due to spilling.
- It will look brand new forever.
What are the risks associated with not cleaning bong:
Many risks come with not cleaning your bong or not knowing how to clean your bong.
- You will get ill from inhaling mould spores.
- Bong smells awful when it’s dirty.
- Keeping the bong shortens its life.
- The smoke tastes bad or is not fresh from a filthy bong.
How many times should you clean your bong?
Well, it all depends on how much is your intake.
If you smoke occasionally:
You smoke occasionally, you need to wash it only when you use it.
If you are a chain smoker:
you’re a chain smoker, you need to clean it once a week daily, depending upon your consumption.
Precautions to keep a bong clean:
Yes, it is essential to know how to clean your bong. But knowing how to prevent your bong from getting heavily filthy is even more critical. You don’t need to repeat the bong cleaning processes mentioned above if you take some precautionary measures.
Remove the water from the bong when you are not using it.
Add some drops of lemon to the water before smoking.
Keep the bong in a bong bag or box to avoid breakage.
There are many ways to keep your bong clean. Additionally, you are no longer sitting with a question about how to clean a bong. Now, you can wash and prevent your bong. But I must suggest that you take a pre-care of your bong. This will save you from being involved in time taking a mess of cleaning it.
Also read: How much money have i spent on league